What is your brand story?
Be it for your business, product, service, blog, or maybe just your personal brand. Do you have a story around what your brand stands for?
What is brand story
Brand stories are authentic narratives around what your brand does. They are used to strategically communicate your brand identity.
In short, they are elevator pitches about your brand.
It is a story comprising of what your brand does, who your audience is, and what emotion your brand’s products/services make your customers feel.
As Kaitlin Loyal writes in her blog:
Brand storytelling is using a narrative to connect your brand to customers, with a focus on linking what you stand for to the values you share with your customers.
What it does
Brand stories drive growth, foster customer loyalty, and build engagement with your brand. Getting the right balance between an audience-centric focus and commercial objectives in your narrative is important.
The audience-centric focus includes-
- the benefit for the customer,
- how you solve their problem,
- and what the customer feels after using your product/service.
The commercial objectives include-
- getting more customers on-board,
- building brand awareness,
- and increasing revenues.
Creating your brand story [Template]
While there are many ways to create one, here’s an example of the simplest way of doing it.
It goes as:
- The User/Audience – your target audience
- Has a problem – identify the problem you are solving
- Uses your service/product – how your customer interacts with your product/service
- Which provides a solution – what solution does your product/service provide to the customer
- Leading them to take action – what action does the customer
- Which creates results – what is the result for them
- Making them feeling an emotion – the emotion they feel at the end of journey
To illustrate this better, take the below example. I have created a sample brand story for my blog, using the same template above.
What to do next
- Download the printable template
- Fill up the details to create yours
- Put up the poster on your home/office wall to remind your whole team (and yourself) regularly about what your brand story is.
I invite you to join my small but awesome community. Just drop in your email below and I’ll send you awesome content every week.
Infographic vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com Icons made by Eucalyp from www.flaticon.com Icons made by monkik from www.flaticon.com Icons made by surang from www.flaticon.com Icons made by srip from www.flaticon.com Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com Flower psd created by vanitjan - www.freepik.com Photo by Mike Erskine on Unsplash